If you’re scheming about a kitchen revamp or looking for spill-proof solutions, tiles might have crossed your mind. With their shiny finish and power-packed features, it’s easy to see why they’re a favorite. But before you jump the tile wagon, here’s your need-to-know rundown from the experts at Mission Tile West.
Pros of Installing Tile
There are many benefits to installing tile floors in your home. These are:
- Low Maintenance: Tile brings with it the beauty of little maintenance. Imagine sipping on your tea, without the dread of floor upkeep. With tiles, it’s just an occasional sweep or mop. No frequent touch-ups, unlike hardwood and carpet, which can both be a bit high maintenance.
- The Spill Saver: Dreaming of a kitchen that’s forgiving of your clumsiness? Or a bathroom that doesn’t freak out at a splash? Not only are tiles water and stain-resistant, but they also come in an array of designs to match your home vibes.
- Adds Value to Your Home: Installing a new tile floor will also add value to your home. While tile is a big investment, you will see a return on that investment when the time comes to sell your home!
As you can see, tile floors are low maintenance, water and stain resistant, and can add value to your home. What’s not to love?
Cons of Tile Floors
When determining if tiles are right for your home there are some drawbacks that you will want to keep in mind. These include:
- Cold and Hard Surface: When you’re sneaking around for a midnight snack, you might not love how cold tile is underfoot. For those who love going shoe-free indoors, extensive tile might not be the most exciting option for you. However, that can be remedied with some area rugs in high traffic areas!
- No Noise Silencing: If silence is golden for you, remember, tiles can be a bit loud. Unlike carpet and some hardwood, they don’t absorb sound that well. So, for those upstairs corridors or bedrooms, you might want to consider cozier alternatives.
While there are some drawbacks to tile, as you can see, there are ways to remedy those cons. The experts at Mission Tile West are happy to walk you through it.
Contact Mission Tile West for All Your Tile Needs!
There’s no one-size-fits-all in the flooring world. It’s about weighing what’s non-negotiable for you – comfort, maintenance, cost, aesthetics, or resilience. If tiles tick most of your boxes, you’re on the right track! Are you ready to take the next step in purchasing tile for your home? At Mission Tile West, we’re more than happy to guide you through the entire process. For top-tier advice, designs, and stunning tile products, we’re here for you. Contact Mission Tile West at 626-799-4595 for help today.
To learn more about the reliable and quality tile that we offer, visit us on the web.